Friday, January 16, 2015

An MC Enrichment Cluster Begins Again... Without Me

It's time for the 2nd and 3rd graders to start their Enrichment Clusters, which always makes Fridays so exciting! Again this year, we offered a Minecraft cluster to this age group. This time, though, I wanted to take a break from the commitment of facilitating a cluster so that I can focus on another one of my big projects - bringing a Makerspace and the idea of Making to our school (look for adventures in Making and 3D printing with Minecraft coming soon-ish!).

Our fantastic music teacher, Mrs. Marshall, has been interested in Minecraft since we began piloting it here last year, and she agreed to take the reins of the MC cluster this time! I'm really excited about that, but I do miss the interaction and excitement surrounding kids doing Minecraft.

The kids have decided to create a Future World, which sounds full of potential. I'll check in with them periodically to see how things are progressing, but I'm thrilled that Minecraft is catching on with other teachers here. There's no such thing as too much Minecraft for these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment