Thursday, January 22, 2015

Spreading the Word

As much as I love using Minecraft as an educational tool, I find that getting other teachers to make the time and commitment to giving it a try is sometimes difficult. I recently put this poster in my "Goo in the Loo" PD picture frame:


(By the way, Goo in the Loo is an effort created by some GAFE teachers and trainers where you put posters in the bathroom as a quick PD session for teachers). I use it for all kinds of tech PD topics, not just Google Apps. 

I wanted to see if this would spark any conversation or requests for Minecraft sessions with classes. So far, I've had one request to try using Minecraft to simulate an economy. I've never done that before, so I'm excited to see how it goes!

Here's hoping we get even more kids and teachers involved with Minecraft! 

No comments:

Post a Comment