Tuesday, September 22, 2015

New School Year, New Goals!

School has finally begun and students are in the swing of things now, so it's time to begin planning how we will use Minecraft this year! I've already had lots of kids ask in the hallways when they'll get a chance to play, so I know the kids are eager to start.

I'm really excited to facilitate a Minecraft club this year. I say "facilitate", because I am not at all in charge. Who is? A lovely young 5th grader who approached me at the end of last year to ask if she could start an after-school Minecraft club! I agreed to help out, but she is doing most of the work herself (with some assistance from her mom). She's got all kinds of ideas for themes for the club meetings and things they could build. Our first meeting is this Friday, and I can't wait to see how it goes.

We are gearing up for Enrichment Clusters again. I hinted to my son (a 5th grader) that I was thinking about doing something else for clusters this year (3D printing), and he was truly horrified. Clearly I had to rethink that idea, so I'm offering Minecraft again and I'll figure out another way to get 3D printing into the kids' hands.

Stay tuned for more updates! It's going to be a fun year!

1 comment:

  1. Hope that every students will try hard to achieve high scores!

    ReplyDelete